I’m Jolene, the girl behind the CPL blog. Nice to meet you! ♥
I’m a wife, DIY addict & cat lover who writes from my little home in Los Angeles. I adore everything historical & vintage, and I could happily wander through a used book store for hours without even buying anything.
My home inspiration style is a mix of rustic farmhouse & European cottage, and my favorite drink is Earl Grey tea (hot or iced, depending on the season!). If I drink coffee, it has to have chocolate in it… and, speaking, of chocolate, I am probably more addicted to it than I should be.
I founded Create Pray Love out of an intense desire to share my crafty projects with the world. But, since then, it has become so much more.
CPL is now a blog that features unique DIY project tutorials & home decor ideas, along with easy food recipes & practical advice on how to plan a wedding. I also post tips on budget living, as well as my antique-hunting adventures, thrifted finds, and offbeat historical explorations in the city I call home.
If you’re interested in starting your own blog, I’ve even shared some blogging resources & lessons I’ve learned during my blogging journey.
I’m here for you & to jump start your imagination. Dream big and don’t be afraid to try new things!
Psst. Want to know even more about this random lady named Jolene (and find out if she was really named after that one Dolly Parton song)? Scroll down to read 23 facts all about her!
1. I am a history nerd.
2. I’m originally from Northern California, but transitioned down here for college.
3. My everyday outfit consists of a striped shirt, with black pants & tan flats.
4. I have a 17-year-old calico cat named Patches, aaand she’s the cutest.
5. Boston, MA is the city I have a crush on.
6. I enjoy reading & started and finished 74 books in 2015.
7. I don’t drink soda often, but when I do, it’s hands down a Mexican Coke.
8. I love musicals, & The Sound of Music is my favorite.
9. But, my go-to non-musical movies are Anne of Green Gables & anything Jane Austen.
10. Puzzles are a very relaxing activity for me.
11. Even though I live in West LA, I don’t particularly enjoy going to the beach. Getting sand everywhere? No, thank you.
12. I call my mom on the phone at least once a day. 😉
13. I love the rain because it provides me with the perfect excuse to stay inside all day without being judged.
14. I studied abroad in Germany for three months while earning my undergraduate music degree.
15. I love learning about personality types! I’m an INFJ married to an ENFJ & wouldn’t have it any other way ♥
16. My favorite TV shows include Lost & Parenthood.
17. It’s my dream to someday publish a novel.
18. I play violin, although lately I’ve gotten out of the habit of practicing.
19. I can also play guitar, & my acoustic guitar is named Daniel.
20. Ancestry research is fascinating to me. I am slowly digging back into my past and finding out about my roots!
21. I love candles & have to keep myself from buying one every time I’m at the store.
22. I have had the opportunity to travel to 11 countries outside of the US.
23. And finally, as promised… I am not named after the Dolly Parton song, but am actually named after an aunt! 🙂
BONUS FACT: Even though I’m introverted, I am always on the lookout for kindred spirits.
Send me a message on my contact page & let’s get to know each other.
Also, be sure to subscribe so that you can get all my blog posts delivered straight to your inbox!
And, send me some love on social media!