How is it already December, my friends?! Wow. Did you all have a great Thanksgiving? I hope it was filled with lots of good food and quality time with those you love!
November was a busy month for the husband & me. We went to a wedding for a dear college roommate of mine & were able to catch up with lots of old friends. The day before the wedding, one of my friends actually eloped as well! It was fun to celebrate with her from far away. ♥
Then, we drove up to Northern California to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family. It was about a five hour drive from LA because we left Thanksgiving morning and missed all the traffic. Driving back down was a different ordeal though, and it took closer to 8 hours because of a few bad accidents. Whew! But, we enjoyed our time off & are excited that the December holidays are quickly approaching.
Now, let’s see what else has been going on lately…
TOP POSTS THIS MONTH
- My first post this month was an Easy Fall Party Menu along with a recap of our fall-themed housewarming party!
- Christmas season is upon us, but I’m still so proud of my post about 6 Budget-Friendly Ways to Decorate for Fall!
- Do you have any friends who love to travel? Feel free to browse my Christmas Gift Guide for the Traveler to get some inspiration on presents!
FAVORITES THIS MONTH
- I already mentioned this in my October Recap, but I still love DoTerra’s PastTense essential oil roller. I struggle with headaches, mostly due to neck tension and eye strain, and I’ve been using it even more this month than I did in October.
- My husband has been using our deep frier (the one we got for our wedding) to make homemade french fries! It’s actually surprisingly a pretty easy process, and you can just use a standard pot if you don’t have a deep frier. Perhaps I will have him do a guest post with instructions soon! 🙂
- This cookie recipe, which I stumbled across on Pinterest. I baked an entire batch & couldn’t stop eating them!!
- Everything cozy & Christmas-y. Duh. I’ll do a post very soon just dedicated to my holiday favorites, so stay tuned! 🙂
PINNED THIS MONTH
- These adorable free Christmas printables! Here is the pin & here is the original post.
- This amazing post about how to preserve acorns for fall and Christmas decor.
- Guys, I love this adorable fabric garland that Sarah @ Little Vintage Nest created for her little girl’s nursery. Her blog is one of my favorites, so you should go check it out! I think I need to make one of them to spruce up our apartment.
- I am also in love with this tutorial on creating a vintage mug using deal transfers. Check it out here!
- Need a little bit of rustic Christmas decor inspiration? Look at this home tour from The Turquoise Home featuring Red, White & Burlap decorations.