I hope October has treated you well. Was your month a busy one, too? There was certainly a lot happening in the CPL household. Scroll down to read what we’ve been up to, or skip to the bottom to see my favorite things from this month!
The highlight of October for us was definitely our visit to New Orleans! A film that my husband was a producer on premiered at the New Orleans Film Festival, so I took a few days off from work, & we did a little sightseeing & attended a few events related to the premiere. The entire time, I couldn’t stop taking pictures of old buildings & old houses… it’s so historic there! Overall, I loved exploring, eating tons of good food, & meeting so many wonderful people.
Unfortunately though, I caught a nasty cold during my trip… which turned into a sinus infection of sorts. So, later that next week, I was laid up at home drinking tons of tea & applying home remedies & essential oils to myself in an attempt to recover.
One other thing I focused on this month was my mission to declutter, unpack & organize our place. I spent a week or so attempting to get rid of the extra dining set we had (which the previous tenant had left us). I’d initially been eager to give it a makeover, but I was already in the midst of finishing our own dining set & I didn’t have it in me to do another one. So, I decided to get rid of it for my own sanity, & because it was taking up so much room in our den. I also found someone who was willing to take all 30 or so of our moving boxes, so that was another score in the process of cleaning out our place!
Then for the last week of October, my cousin was in town for a conference & stayed with us! That was fun. We got to spend the Saturday before Halloween exploring Downtown LA at night… a little sketchy, but dinner at Cole’s was worth it, as well as visiting The Last Bookstore.
A little bit if good news for you is that I was able to squeeze in quite a few DIY projects during October, so even though I’ve scarcely posted on here recently, I have a lot lined up for you in November! I am also taking part in a November Photo Challenge on my Instagram account [here], so follow me if you want to see sneak peaks of our home!
TOP POSTS THIS
- My Thrifted Finds Haul post where I showed you my recent farmhouse finds.
- My post on how to make Organic & Fair Trade Chocolate Covered Pretzels. I linked to the recipe in my last monthly recap (in June), & finally was able to share how mine turned out!
- Last month, I also linked to my guest post at the Beauty in the Mess blog, where I showed you how to create a DIY rustic fall wreath. If you’ve tried to make one of your own, I’d love to hear how it turned out!
FAVORITES THIS MONTH
- Candles & blankets. Enough said.
- The DoTerra blend Past Tense, which has been helping with my headaches and stiff neck muscles.
- For my fellow bloggers: I finally took a chance & started an account with BoardBooster. So far, I am loving it! I’ve included my affiliate link here in case you want to join as well!
PINNED THIS MONTH
- This vintage dresser makeover from Little Vintage Nest is drool-worthy.
- I so want to try making this rustic fall sign from The Frugal Homemaker.
- Interested in slowly adapting a zero-waste lifestyle? I found a post from Joybilee Farm with 42 habits that are zero-waste & save you money!
- These chalk painted pumpkins are so cute & would look great in my home this fall season.
- Apple cider is one of my favorite things about the fall season, so check out this great tutorial for putting together an apple cider bar from Lora Green!